Martin Logan Crescendo AirPlay/Bluetooth Wireless Speaker.
Crescendo is a powerful and precise premium wireless speaker system, featuring dual audiophile quality Folded Motion tweeters and a 5x7-inch mid/bass woofer for a deep, extended bass response. At the core of the Crescendo is an advanced 24-bit 48kHz DSP (digital signal processing) based preamplifier in conjunction with a powerful class-D closed-loop 100-watt (140-watt peak) amplifier. The Crescendo is capable of reproducing sound with unflinching accuracy, resolution, and detail—the inspiration behind every MartinLogan design.
MartinLogan has always blended Science with Art, and the Crescendo is no exception. Designed to fit a modern decor, MartinLogan utilizes high-quality materials and finishes to give Crescendo a furniture and artwork like appearance. The result is striking. The dense cabinet enclosure, wrapped in either high-gloss piano black paint or real-wood walnut veneer, floats atop a sturdy aluminum stand and looks comfortably at home in any decor where aesthetics are as important as sound quality. A cleanly integrated, front mounted control panel allows quick access to power, input and volume controls. For across the room control, Crescendo includes a custom remote control built from black anodized extruded aluminum. Crescendo is crafted with a solid MDF enclosure that strengthens and intensifies low-frequency bass performance while minimizing vibrations.To further enhance bass performance, Crescendo features an optional subwoofer output via an analog RCA connection.
Six input methods allow Crescendo to connect to virtually any device:
1. Wi-Fi – connect AirPlay capable devices wirelessly (iPhone, iPad, iPod, or a computer with iTunes) to stream audio.
2. Bluetooth – connect Bluetooth capable devices wirelessly to stream audio. Bluetooth V4.0 supports SBC, MP3, AAC, and apt-X.
3. Wired Ethernet – audio information can be sent over a LAN to the Crescendo using various protocols (such as AirPlay or DLNA)
4. USB – connect compatible Apple devices and use the Crescendo as an audio dock and charger. The USB connection was designed to rapidly charge a variety of devices.
5. Analog – any device that has an analog audio output can connect to the auxiliary analog input via a 3.5mm headphone style jack.
6. Optical digital – any device that has a digital optical output can connect to the auxiliary digital input with the included mini-Toslink optical adapter (analog and digital connections share the same input).