A large, basic in-ceiling loudspeaker makes dynamic whole-house audio possible for the first time. With an 8-inch midwoofer for smooth, wide-range response with low distortion, and a 3/4-inch aimable silk dome tweeter with a powerful neodymium magnet structure for clear, detailed highs and excellent imaging (even in off-axis listening positions), the MC80 is ideal for multi-zone audio systems and delivers more uniform sound coverage even in larger rooms.
- Specially tuned for excellent ambient performance, with superb detail and natural musicality, even at low volume.
- Easy one-cut, drop-in installation puts built-in audio within reach, with Perfect Fit templates, a precision flange, and (available) pre-construction brackets; achieve secure, vibration-free efficiency with a simple turn of the patented Rotating Cam system.
- Lightweight and stiff polymer drivers provide excellent damping and bass response.
- Aimable swivel tweeters for greater accuracy and more realistic imaging.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance® technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Rustproof stainless steel hardware, durable butyl rubber surrounds and powder coated aluminum grilles make TCi Series speakers suitable for high moisture areas like bathrooms, transitional spaces or even under eaves or in the ceiling of an enclosed porch. (TCi series are not suitable for exposed outdoor use. For outdoor speaker fun, use our Atrium® Series.)
- Paintable grilles let you build them in, and then forget all about them; TCi Series practically disappear into any room.
- MC Series speakers are timbre-matched to other Polk speakers to insure utterly seamless blending from speaker to speaker in systems that combine traditional and built-in speakers.
|Dimensions - Cut-Out Diameter
||9 3/8 (23.81cm) "
|Dimensions - Mounting Depth (includes 1/2 drywall)"
||3 11/16 (9.37cm) "
|Dimensions - Overall Depth
||4 3/16 (10.64cm) "
|Dimensions - Overall Diameter
||10 9/16 (26.83cm) "
|Dimensions - Product Weight (each)
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Diameter
||8 (20.32cm) "
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Quantity
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Type
||Dynamic Balance driver polymer composite cone
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Diameter
||3/4 (1.91cm) "
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Quantity
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Type
|Electrical - Efficiency
|Electrical - Lower -3dB Limit
|Electrical - Nominal Impedance
|Electrical - Recommended Amplifier Power
||20-100 watts per channel
|Electrical - Total Frequency Response
|Electrical - Upper -3dB Limit