Featuring many of KEF’s latest innovations in premium hi-fi and home theatre loudspeaker technology, the all-new R Series makes genuine audiophile standards of entertainment more affordable than ever before. Stunningly fluent new Uni-Q driver arrays combine with potent new bass drivers and many ingenious refinements to create a rich, spacious sound image of such accuracy that it approaches the benchmark standards of KEF’s legendary Reference Series.
The new Uni-Q MF/HF driver array is a masterpiece. Midrange response is amazingly fast and clean, thanks to a braced magnesium/aluminium alloy cone, with KEF’s Z-flex surround smoothing the transition to the front panel and a sturdy die-cast aluminium chassis that prevents resonance being transferred to the cabinet. At the acoustic centre of the midrange cone is the sophisticated vented tweeter that endows KEF Blade with such startlingly pure HF response. With a large neodymium magnet and a computer-optimised dome structure so stiff that it operates pistonically over its entire working range, the upper registers are articulated with flawless precision – and to capitalise on Uni-Q’s point source characteristics, KEF’s ‘tangerine’ waveguide helps to disperse the higher frequencies evenly across a wider angle to flood the room with an intricate and refreshingly natural soundfield. Operating together as a single, perfectly integrated voice, the array as a whole delivers a sweet, accurate sound of unprecedented clarity.
• Design: Two-way bass reflex
• Drive Units: Uni-Q driver array:
• HF: 25mm (1in.) vented aluminium dome
• MF: 130mm (5.25in.) aluminium
• Frequency range (-6dB): 49Hz - 45kHz
• Frequency response (±3dB): 56Hz - 28kHz
• Crossover frequency: 2.5kHz
• Amplifier requirements: 25 - 100 W
• Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 86dB
• Harmonic distortion 2nd & 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m): <0.4% 150Hz-20kHz
• Maximum output: 107dB
• Nominal impedance: 8Ω (min. 3.2Ω)
• Dimension (H x W x D) (with grille and terminal): 11 x 7.1 x 11.4 in.